Monday, September 7, 2009

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo

I think I have convinced myself that I need a ball gown. Not that anyone needs a ball gown. I am however indecisive about fabric. I have miles of this silk organdy. I bought it cheap and thought that I could get away with ivory in something so very shear. Uhm, wrong! I just look jaundiced with this on me. So, either I need to pass is on or change its color. My initial dyeing test was pink and was quite unimpressive. The blues I like. I would make a summer sheer out of either in a heartbeat. They just aren't begging to be a ball gown. Not on me. They are too dim in dim light. With very pale skin and dark hair I think I might turn into a floating head. But, they are good colors on me and it would just cost me a few dollars for the dye. I have more than enough for a second day bodice. Though I need another sheer dress like I need a hole in my head.
From Mostly pointless drivel

It might be an easy decision if only this taffeta wasn't calling to me. It's fuchsia shot with white. It's a good color on me, and, it glows in dim light. Yet, it might have enough color to it that I won't look like I'm dressed like a 20 year old. If I get it I'll get enough for a day bodice. Not that I have any need for a silk day dress. But that will add up to a lot of money. All for something I really don't need. But it's soooo pretty.
From Mostly pointless drivel

So, Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo. Be good and wear my existing dinner dress, be slightly bad and dye the organdy, or really bad and buy the taffeta??? Anyone have a three sided coin I can toss?

No comments:

Post a Comment